At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Leeds is on the lookout for a talented AI / Gameplay tools Programmers who possess a passion for creating systems and tools to improve developer workflows, enabling us to make the best games we can. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Leeds.
WHAT WE DO
- We build and maintain in-game C++ and external C# tools that connect to the game to enable developers to create AI and Gameplay content efficiently.
- We provide systems and libraries to enable other teams to easily create their own custom editors and tools in C++ and C#.
- Cooperate with artists, designers, and other programmers on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game and our tools.
- Develop high performance and easy to use development tools and systems within the AI / Gameplay domain.
- Collaborate with the other Rockstar technology teams to identify and troubleshoot issues, share knowledge and contribute to the design and coding best practices.
- Accurately estimate schedules and deliver high quality work products to that schedule.
- Mentor and guide fellow programmers.
- Mathematics/Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in C# and the .NET Framework.
- Strong UI design skills.
- Experience with a UI framework such as WPF or Qt.
- Experience developing tools, such as UI applications, services and command line tools.
- Ability to create usable UIs, and efficient workflows for users.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, experience working with designers, artists and programmers.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Self-motivated, and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- Passion for technology and games, in-depth familiarity of Rockstar products is a massive plus.
- Experience working with Unity 3D, Unreal or other 3rd party engines.
- Experience with C / C++.
- Experience developing data-driven tools to support AI / Gameplay features.
- Knowledge of AI / Gameplay concepts and techniques such as A*, behaviour trees, finite state machines, animation blend trees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.