At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Prop Artists (Mid & Senior level positions) who possess a passion for creating a wide variety of props for video game. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore.
WHAT WE DO
- We build a diverse range of props, a variety of vegetation and weaponry.
- We enrich in-game environments as well as cinematic cutscenes, with a focus on balancing gameplay, storytelling, and technical constraints by finely crafting each prop for form and functionality.
- We collaborate closely with various art and animation teams to create believable and rich worlds.
- Create a wide range of 3D prop art used in exterior and interior environments. From complex machinery to organic forms.
- Pursue a high quality across technical approaches and aesthetics.
- Proactively seek feedback from Leads and Creative Directors.
- Manage competing priorities effectively ensuring that all relevant parties are updated.
- Participate in R&D, problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Work with flair while maintaining the restraints of the medium.
- Actively pursue knowledge of the medium – what works, what doesn’t, and what we can do about it.
- 3+ years of relevant games industry experience.
- Excellent 3D game art creation skills.
- Strong with 3ds Max (or similar), Photoshop
- All-around artistic expertise and flair.
- The technical ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Comfortable working in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with Substance Painter/Designer.
- Experience with Z Brush.
- Keen interest in the Design, engineerings and mechanics of the various objects around us in the world
- Passion for Games.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar India recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.