At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for talented Systems Administrators who possess a passion for 24x7 Network Operations and Support. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore, India.
WHAT WE DO
- 24x7 Network Operations of our online games, features, and services.
- Hands-on support to the Operations of online and development environments.
- Build/Plan infrastructure for upcoming releases.
- Hands-on maintenance and administration of Linux based systems.
- Perform patching and support server migrations as needed.
- Develop standard operating procedures to ensure high availability.
- Perform routine system maintenance when needed to resolve issues.
- Support root cause analysis efforts across multiple infrastructure layers.
- Manage and support Web Servers.
- Ensure a highly available production environment particularly during system maintenance.
- Administer monitoring services such as Check_MK, Splunk, Grafana.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to difficult problems.
- Experience administering systems in a high traffic, multi-system, public facing environment.
- In-depth hands-on experience in one or more of the following: RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Apache, Mongo, and MySQL.
- 3+ years’ experience in a Linux environment using related technologies and standards such as DHCP, DNS, DFS, LDAP, IPSEC, CIFS, SMB, etc.
- Possess a thorough understanding of principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, IT certifications, or equivalent experience.
- One or more scripting languages; Bash, shell, python, php, and perl.
- Working knowledge of highly complex IT systems.
- Strong analytical thinking. Knowledge to effectively deal with issues.
- Strong understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with REST API automation.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with supporting online gaming development and production environments.
- General Cisco IOS administration experience for adding removing VLANS, setting up ACLs.
- Knowledge of C#.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar India recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.