At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar India is on the lookout for a talented Database Administrator who possesses a passion for Database Systems. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in Bangalore. WHAT WE DO
- We create and maintain software tools that are used by all game development disciplines to support the creation of all Rockstar Games projects.
- The tools we create use a variety of database technologies, and require expertise in data design, systems architecture, configuration, and performance management.
- Develop a strong understanding of our systems, their architecture, and learn new technologies to help advance our applications.
- Work with the development team to design, create and maintain high performance database schemas.
- Engage with our developers and IT engineers to design overall data system architectures, incorporating concerns of application requirements, capacity planning, backup, redundancy/failover, scalability, and performance.
- Design, plan and execute automation, scripts, data migrations, backups/restores and maintenance.
- Monitor and support data system health and performance, and identify, log/report and implement solutions.
- Write high performing SQL, stored procedures, triggers, and optimise existing queries.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of professional DBA experience with MySQL.
- Advanced proficiency writing SQL.
- Experience working with mission critical databases with terabytes of information.
- Experience with geographically spread multi-site datacenter systems.
- Strong organisational skills, a sense of ownership, initiative, and drive.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience with MySQL/PerconaDB in a commercial environment.
- Administrative experience working in both Windows and Linux OS, including command line scripting.
- Demonstratable expertise enhancing databases for performance, via configuration management, and query optimisation.
- Expertise troubleshooting database issues, including deadlock identification and resolution.
- Experience working with database admin, logging, and monitoring tools.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores: ElasticSearch and Cassandra.
- Working experience with a database change management solution such as Liquibase/Flyway.
- Experience with ProxySQL.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
HOW TO APPLY
- Experience with other relational databases: PostgreSQL, MSSQL.
- Experience with Containers, Docker, and Docker Swarm.
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment.
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Exposure and experience with ETL and data warehousing.
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.