At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is currently seeking an Animation Systems Programmer. We are looking for an experienced, talented engineer to help us in developing advanced animation systems for large open world character-based games. You should have strong coding skills, a good knowledge and interest in character animation systems, and passion for realistic, high quality character motion.
WHAT WE DO
- We develop animation technology, from performance capture through to a sophisticated runtime engine, for massive open world games.
- We are a global team of programmers and researchers who collaborate on pushing the boundaries of character animation on next generation hardware.
- We support and work closely with gameplay, animation and technical art teams, across multiple projects at different Rockstar studios.
- Join our core animation technology team and work closely with gameplay, AI, tools, and art teams across different Rockstar studios.
- Develop, maintain, extend, and support an extensive high-level runtime animation system, pipeline, and tools.
- Implement well designed, robust, highly optimal new animation system features, integrating them into our existing animation, gameplay, and AI systems.
- Keep up to date with the latest academic and industry breakthroughs, independently research and develop improvements to continuously push our technology forward.
- Experience developing within a large existing codebase, both collaborating and working independently within a large team.
- Familiarity with optimization and multi-threading techniques.
- Involvement with UI based tools development or support, or interest in UI design.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with other programmers, animators, and designers.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills, OO design skills and 3D math background.
- Detailed knowledge of character animation technology; blend trees, hierarchical state machines, animation synchronization/parametrization, motion matching etc.
- Passion for character-based games, good eye for character and animation aesthetics.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Games industry experience working on AAA character-based titles.
- Experience creating, extending or working directly with an animation system within a game engine.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.