Join an amazing team that’s building the future of play. Every month, over 160 million monthly active players come to Roblox to immerse themselves in any game or experience imaginable. Players can create the ultimate theme park, compete as a professional race car driver, star in a fashion show, become a superhero, or simply build a dream home and hang out with friends. Today, more than 30 million user-generated games and experiences have been published on the platform, all created by a talented community of 2 million creators.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Social Connection, you will build out the robust Social Graph that connects our 160M+ monthly users to friends, games, groups, catalog items and more! If you are an experienced developer with a deep understanding of large scale systems and experience using a Graph Database at scale, you’ll be right at home within our highly-skilled and rapidly growing Social Team.
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of experience shipping high-complexity code for mission critical applications at massive scale, as well as 2+ years of experience working on a Graph Database such as Neo4j, JanusGraph, TAO, Amazon Neptune, OrientDB, or a similar graph database. You own a BS in Computer Science, MS/PhD are a definite plus.
- Intrepid: Scaling for multiple millions of concurrent users is exciting to you… You know it will take a lot to make it right, but you are impatient to get going...
- Knowledgeable: You have a deep understanding of all aspects of designing and building highly available microservices and working with a Graph Database at scale.
- Versatile: You’re a jack of all trades and you have mastered one or more object oriented languages and technologies already; you can easily adapt to any situation when the need arises and come with the right solution.
- Creative: You take a creative and strategic approach to solving hard problems and driving new tools/functionality for our developers
- Team-oriented: You are able to work well as part of a team and know how to collaborate with all participants to develop the best solutions.
- Build the next gen software & systems to support Roblox's massive user growth and connect billions of entities together.
- Drive best engineering practices across the team and across engineering.
- Constantly think about how we can improve our processes and structure to enforce quality while we iterate quickly on feature development.
- Collaborate with product and design to push the boundary of what is possible.
Perks & Benefits:
- Work with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
- Free catered lunches and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- Fitness reimbursement program
- 401K program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Unlimited vacation policy
Roblox is the largest social platform for play that allows kids to imagine, create, and play together in immersive 3D worlds. Over 30 million user-generated online games have been produced on the Roblox platform with over 160 million monthly active players visiting Roblox every month to create adventures, play games, roleplay, and learn with friends in a family-friendly environment. Roblox is accessible on all modern smartphones, tablets, desktops, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, and other popular VR platforms. In 2018 and 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®.
Roblox – Powering Imagination.