Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2019, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Senior Software Engineer for Video Backend on the Roblox game engine team you will utilize your deep expertise in video software architecture to design scalable infrastructure solutions for transcoding, hosting, and streaming video across the Roblox platform. You will delight our millions of users and developers across the globe by giving them the ability to easily view, share, and create VOD and live media content at scale.
- Passionate: You love video, codecs, streaming, networking protocols, and scalable systems.
- Experienced: You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience building scalable video streaming systems.
- Hands-on with C++, multithreading and networking.
- Self-sufficient: Experienced in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver complete projects in a timely manner.
- Responsible: You build systems that work and keep on working reliably. You are thorough in your designs, rigorous in handling potential failure cases, and diligent in automated testing.
- Curious: You are keen to learn and grow. You stay informed about the latest developments in video streaming and media technologies.
- Design, develop and maintain server-side solutions for transcoding, hosting and streaming video
- Tune and optimize transcoding for the greatest efficiency, least cost, and highest quality
- Work collaboratively with client engineers to ensure high-quality video playback under adverse conditions and on all platforms
- Work with backend teams responsible for our server infrastructure and APIs
- Find out how Roblox is special and how you can harness that to deliver awesome environments using industry-leading techniques across all platforms
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination