Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the growth team, you will be helping to drive and oversee the technical architecture for the team. We are looking for technical leaders that will be able to design and build features that will be used by millions of users every day and comfortable working on all parts of our technology stack. Our team is focused on using data and experimentation to determine how best to improve user acquisition, engagement, and retention. If you are an engineer who is passionate about building world class features in a data driven environment, you’ll be right at home on the growth team.
- Full Stack engineer interested in both front and back end development
- 7+ years of work experience
- Experience with compiled languages such as C#, Java or golang
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, and monitored code
- Collaborative team member, self starter, and adaptable
- Product-minded with an interest in understanding the end user
- Analytical with an interest in data
- Technical leader that can translate requirements into scalable design and code
- Able to provide mentorship to other engineers
You Might Have:
- Working knowledge of REST and/or gRPC APIs
- Experience developing on Android and iOS platforms
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community (No autographs, please.)
Roblox – Powering Imagination