Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®
. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, and crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Economy platform team, you will be responsible for the scale and security of all things virtual economy and real world money at Roblox, from purchasing and selling virtual items to the real time bidding of advertising slots. The Economy platform team maintains the base tooling that powers a virtual marketplace that handles millions of transactions a day. The team provides the infrastructure and statistics to empower developers to monetize their games, with our developers earning hundreds of millions of dollars each year. This position is to scale our distributed systems and maintain a safe and secure economy.
- Someone that has architected, designed, and developed a wide-array of software products.
- Focused on writing clear, readable, testable, modular, and monitored code.
- Passionate about working on a large scale, consumer-facing mobile and web applications.
- Knowledgeable with REST, API design patterns, and scalable containerized systems and microservices.
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills and follow-through.
- Organized and analytical with the ability to track numerous separate threads to their appropriate resolution.
- Data-driven with an ability to deliver quality metrics and monitoring.
- Someone with 7+ years of experience.
- Have a direct impact on the future direction of the largest social platform for play, delivering groundbreaking solutions that will enable our development teams to localize Roblox for a global community of over 60 million monthly active players.
- Develop services by which our community of creators on the platform can internationalize their games, whether manually, crowdsourced, or automatically via machine translation.
- Build core internationalization and localization tools and infrastructure, which will be used by all engineering teams within Roblox.
- Design and build backend services to handle real-time machine translation of user communication.
- Serve as a tech lead for the team and mentor junior engineers.
- Play an active role in recruiting future talent for the team.
- Working on unique projects that are seen - and enjoyed - by millions of active Roblox users every day
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks (Nom nom nom.)
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A super-cool Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- Rock star status with our community (No autographs, please.)
Roblox – Powering Imagination