Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
For three years running, we have been honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
WHY DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS?
The Data Science & Analytics organization’s mission is to increase our speed, frequency and acumen of making decisions at scale by instilling a data-influenced approach to building products. We cover a wide area of the data spectrum including analytical data engineering, product analytics, experimentation, causal inference, statistical modeling and machine learning. Aligned and partnering with product verticals, we use this extensive toolbelt to discover new opportunities and unmet use cases, influence and shape the product roadmap and prioritization, build data products and measure impact on our community of players and developers.
- A natural leader. You initiate and drive multiple projects simultaneously. You recruit, build and grow a strong team of data scientists.
- Passionate about scaling decision-making. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data. You have a degree in a computationally intensive empirical field like Economics/Econometrics, Epidemiology, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- A strong communicator. You understand that performing decisions at scale raises a plethora of questions. You have the ability to dig into the details and navigate to the 10,000 foot level with ease while explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs.
- Not afraid to occasionally get your hands dirty.
- Always looking to expand your toolbelt. You stay knowledgeable about the latest progress in the fields of statistics, causal inference, machine learning, and marketing science. You partner with the leaders in the industry to make progress in the fields.
- You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology, tool, framework or more to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion.
- Experienced in Marketing Science, you have a deep understanding of current marketing trends in advertising, and expertise in incrementality.
- A demonstrated thought leader in the digital advertising space. You understand partner testing capabilities to drive high accuracy in results and push partners to develop innovative measurement products.
- Partner with a suite of VP/Director-level partners in product management and engineering to influence product vision and roadmap, prioritizing the most impactful data science projects.
- Oversee the measurement and methodology of Growth.
- Provide direction to build/improve/maintain data products for Growth, including user acquisition.
- Grow/coach a team of 2-10 data talent ranging from analytical engineering, product analytics, experimentation, and modeling.
- Accelerate the speed and accuracy of which the organization can drive successful experiments to drive growth.
- Build a multi-touch attribution model to understand the true value of all user touchpoints.
- Own a set of core metrics and accompanying product playbook to drive impact.
- Balance autonomy with guidance by giving your teams the tools, context, confidence, and motivation to make decisions effectively and independently.
- Working with an awesome team of smart and motivated people on cool and unique projects that are used by millions of active users every day
- Robust medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar and rockstar status with our community
Roblox - Powering Imagination