Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
The People Team at Roblox focuses on creating a sustained competitive advantage by evolving what we do in the people space (culture, leadership practices, organization, programs, etc.) into a thoughtful, integrated, low-friction “people operating system”. We want to inspire people at Roblox to confidently take on challenging problems and allow them to push the envelope while providing what is needed to accelerate their development.
We take a strongly quantitative and analytical stance on building and optimizing this operating system. As a Data Analyst on the People Analytics team you will play a key role in making that vision a reality by analyzing data, running experiments and designing systems/feedback loops and incentives that enable Roblox’s unique approach to leadership, people development and organizational design. This is about generating insights and solutions that will help Roblox scale effectively while retaining its strong culture, its innovativeness and its ability to flexibly refocus and execute fast.
- Be the second member of a team that develops the vision and strategy for People Analytics at Roblox. You will help prioritize our focus areas for people analytics.
- Engage in a variety of analytical and data projects from building pipelines to extract data from our core systems (Workday, Greenhouse, etc.), to analyzing data sets to gain insights for making business decisions, to building dashboards and visualization tools for our clients to use, to designing and running experiments across the company.
- Help to build out our foundation and infrastructure in the PA space, from selecting and implementing a tech stack to defining, designing and implementing our catalog of services and products.
- Experiment with advanced and innovative ideas and concepts in the analytics/data science space to help shape our roadmap and strategy.
- Work closely with leaders across the company to understand their specific business and organizational situation to effectively support them with insights and recommendations in the people space.
- This role will report to the Head of People analytics.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- 3 years of practical hands-on experience in analytics, data science, business intelligence, etc.
- Experience with leading analytical projects with both structured and unstructured data end-to-end, from problem statement/hypothesis formulation to presentation for insights, to “instrumentation”/evaluation of resulting decisions/initiatives.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Advanced statistics background (linear regression is just the beginning)
- Comprehensive understanding of database theory and DBMS, speak SQL fluently. Experience with NoSQL databases a plus.
- Experience in building, evolving and applying complex models for planning, prediction and decision support.
- Hands-on experience with different tools in the tech stack, e.g. ETL, visualization, data mining etc. both in terms of using them to solve concrete problems as well as optimizing and architecting overarching solutions.
- Experience working with AI/ML libraries and concepts is a plus.
- You are a strong analytical problem solver. If you like to conceptualize problem spaces as systems and are a “model thinker” that’ll be an advantage.
- You stay involved with what is happening in the people analytics space, what other companies are doing as well as the relevant academic research.
- Ability to communicate and influence stakeholders across the company
- You have a good understanding of financial concepts and analysis and have effectively collaborated with Finance teams.
- Ability to create interest and excitement across the people team for working analytically, quantitatively and applying model and system thinking.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination.