Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We’re the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable—across any device—reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. Someone who’s ready to take Roblox—and their career—to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We’ve fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that’s made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you’ll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today -- distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
- Be a part of the next generation data platform as a service, which will help create great experiences for our users and empower our developers across the world
- Work with a team of great engineers, designing and implementing highly available systems which are globally distributed and critical in nature
- Design and Maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Help automate routine tasks
- Maintain large scale SQL databases and NoSQL across multiple data centers
- Optimizing data delivery and re-design infrastructure for greater scale
- Perform data related bench-marking and performance analysis/tuning
- Keep our data secured across multiple geographic locations
- Pro-actively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for both database and supporting hardware to ensure system health and maximum availability
- Design and implement robust backup strategy to ensure no data loss
- BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science with 7-10 years of experience
- An expert in database technologies (SQL and NoSQL) and have strong working knowledge around MySQL and other database technologies
- Strong knowledge around sharded database systems
- Strong experience in high availability technologies (Active/Active, Active/Passive)
- Have configured and managed on-line backup technologies in SQL databases and ensure disaster recovery.
- Experience in database technologies (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in shell scripting
- Experience in Multi site data replication and containerization
- Some experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: C#, Java, etc.
- Some experience in managing cache services (Redis, Memcached)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
- A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox – Powering Imagination