Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Software Engineer you will report to a Manager, Software Engineering. You will join an Agile Team to help deliver internal tools for Rioters that assist with daily corporate operations. We connect internal systems to provide business intelligence and visualizations to help Rioters better understand their work and make their daily lives easier.
- Write full stack software based on specifications outlined by product and engineering leads.
- Leverage modern cloud infrastructure to deliver sustainable and scalable systems.
- Implement distributed systems designed by engineering leads.
- Understand and utilize industry standard data stores.
- Partner with development and product managers to understand use cases, draft user stories and develop automated solutions
- Manage code using source control and write unit/functional/integration tests to ensure code is reliable
- Work with infrastructure teams to implement application monitoring and improve hardware, software and network systems
- Author and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks
- Support live services with an on-call schedule that support requests and help resolve live issues.
- 2+ years experience with proficiency in modern web development including frontend and backend web application development
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub or other source control systems
- Knowledge of Jenkins or other CI/CD solutions
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms similar to Google Cloud Platform, Azure, or AWS
- Knowledge of MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server or a similar relational databases
- Experience investigating problems, getting to the root of business problems and providing a sustainable software solutions
- Working knowledge of modern agile methodologies and practices, including Kanban and Scrum
- Excellent English language skills: you are comfortable communicating with large audiences and excel at writing in-depth application how-tos, documenting standard operating procedures, and producing user-facing documentation
- Experience with Golang and SQL, including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with serverless or Cloudformation
- Knowledge of Neo4J or similar Graph databases
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch or similar document databases
- Knowledge of Eventbridge or similar Enterprise Event Bus technology
- Experience with user experience design
- Experience with a containerization technology (e.g. Docker, K8)
- Experience developing software in more than one programming language
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).