Riot Security Engineers and Analysts hold an in-depth knowledge of specific areas of expertise. We don't just focus on breaking things; we support teams across Riot to develop security capabilities which help protect player experiences. We relish the opportunity to work with new tech stacks and product teams, each with their own unique security risk profile. At the most fundamental level, their goal is to help provide value to players and make life harder for troublemakers.
Our Security Operations (SecOps) team monitors and analyzes Riot’s security efforts across the organization and for our players. Their mission is to quickly detect and respond to threat actors across the globe. Their ability to not only think critically when it comes to security threats, but technically by developing tools (e.g. automate security processes) is necessary to their success. From working closely with local and federal law enforcement agencies around security incidents to defending against the next DDoS, they are here to protect Riot and our players.
- Lead and mentor engineers in our global Security team
- Probe and research security risks that directly impact players
- Oversee the assessment and investigation security events
- Contribute to Riot’s global Security Operations road-map
- Work with product teams and security leadership throughout the incident investigation cycle to ensure remediation, eradication and lessons learned are rolled back into daily operations.
- Be the European escalation point for all security events and investigations
- There will be a small amount of travel as part of a global team
- 5+ years of experience in an Security Operations role
- Experience leading a technical team, including Incident Response, Engineering or Forensics teams
- Experience leading incident response efforts and reporting to relevant partners. This should include hands-on experience completing malware analysis, memory analysis and disk forensic
- Experience mentoring and developing security engineers
- Understanding of networking and have applied this knowledge to full packet analysis
- As comfortable communicating in distributed teams as with people sitting right next to you
- Willingness to visit our Los Angeles HQ approximately two to three times a year for around three to four weeks in total
- Experience with cloud security features and vulnerabilities
- Experience using Elastic and ELK
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible benefits allowance to help Rioters live their best lives
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t meet every one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!