Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, offboarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
The Director, Learning & Talent Development, will be a motivated professional who will set Riot’s global Learning, Leadership Development and Talent Program (e.g. Succession, Performance Management) strategies and promote a culture of development and learning throughout the organization.
- Lead a team of learning, and talent development professionals while promoting the development of a team environment to create an exceptional employee experience
- Develop a multi-year talent and leadership development roadmap in tandem to the overarching People strategy to promote growth through talent, culture and performance and translate roadmap into a clear plan
- Create Riot’s leadership development program to accelerate the development and readiness of senior leaders - including succession planning, calibration process and mentoring programs for all levels of leadership from managers to c-suite executives
- Cultivate a learning organization so employees are developed to their maximum potential with their passions and talents - including the development of a formalized high potential development program to create modern talent planning approaches that allow scale and strengthen the organization
- Lead and improve the effectiveness of Riot’s existing learning programs, including Denewb (new hire onboarding), Riot’s manager development, and other core learning programs
- Develop and recommend central approach for an ideal mix of learning delivery methodologies including classroom, live-and-online, self-paced e-learning and blended methodologies
- Ensure the success and continuous improvement of Riot’s purpose-centric performance management process to motivate development and fuel performance
- Work with HR Business Partners and leaders across Riot to build learning programs in a matrixed global company that includes several dual reporting relationships
- Develop program evaluation tools that measure the effectiveness and return on investment of Riot’s Learning & Development programs
- Improve LMS capabilities and refresh development content on an ongoing basis
- Oversee all of the company's mandatory training programs, ensuring compliance and engagement
- At least ten years learning and leadership development experience, in a gaming, entertainment or technology environment
- Professional experience and learning theory in practical manner, including ability to adapt concepts into culturally-appropriate learning programs
- Executive presence and ability to build trusted relationships and motivate Rioters at all levels
- Experience delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development and learning programs
- Knowledge of contemporary HR and L&D research and practices
- Ability to handle change in a particularly chaotic environment with frequently changing priorities
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both verbal and written communications across multiple formats
- End-to-end program management skills
- BA or BS degree required, advanced degree is nice to have
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).