Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that was founded in 2010 and acquired by Electronic Arts in 2017. Respawn aspires to create innovative hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our shipped work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, and Titanfall 2. We are currently developing the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order, virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends. The opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry awaits our future team members.
Tasked with envisioning and executing on tools and technologies that drive world-class quality is our Central Development Services (CDS) team at Electronic Arts. This group is on the forefront of emerging technologies and tools that enable our teams to create and code better and more efficiently. Working as one team they are pushing the envelope and evolving the Quality function, designed to be nimble, innovative and preventive, rather than solely detective.
We are now searching for a Sr. Quality Analyst to join one of our AAA game titles. Working in Quality Assurance you perform a vital role in game development, supporting iterative development. Essentially, you are the expert and voice of quality for an assigned game, franchise or feature. The job involves testing and playing the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, you act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. A Sr. QA Analyst will help steer the quality of multiple features and content throughout the game development process.
The Sr. Quality Analyst role applies black-box and grey-box testing, utilizing data and automated testing to identify issues through the course of the project. as early as possible in the development cycle. They review designs to make sure that the title reduces the amount of bugs it creates and review designs for “fun”. This requires strong test strategies and experience which challenge the software to ensure a very high level of quality (Functional, Reliable, Usable and High Performance).
- Work with QA, Game Designers, Engineers and to identify areas of improvement through feature understanding and analyzing, tools, reports and analysis
- Partner with QAPM and development team to execute a game quality plan throughout the game development cycle (both development & operation phase)
- Provide qualitative and quantitative feedback on features with issues to improve in-game features by solid data analysis to support the suggested changes
- Identify key areas for automation opportunities
- Analyze and report potential risks of features and systems and escalate as appropriate
- Identify the test scope and communicate/drive QA team, influence/drive improvements as required
- Able to recognize and prioritize issues in the bug database to expedite bug-fixing efforts
- Collaborate daily with key stakeholders of Production and Development, and drive activities such as Bug triage, Optimizing tools, etc
- Identify opportunities for QA to provide early design feedback alongside defect prevention and defect containment activities
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness and efficiency of QA processes
- Perform a variety of testing types across multiple features - exploratory testing, requirements based testing, and ad hoc testing and regression testing, etc.
- Capture and update key project and test knowledge through wikis, documents etc.
- Standardize QA activities and processes by collaborating with WWQA teams as required
- Strong decision-making skills, able to review facts, weigh options and anticipate consequences of decisions.
- Be the voice of quality for the project
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes and procedures
- Experience working in Unreal Engine or other similar editors is an asset.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and how it applies to QA
- Ability to develop and foster strong working relationships with development partners, customers, support teams, and management
- Preferable experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including accurate and timely reporting
- Strong observational skills, analytical and results-oriented, able to communicate ideas in the form of comprehensive reports, analysis and presentations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to take ownership of assigned tasks and features and meet responsibilities without constant supervision
- Ability to analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and escalate potential improvements
- 5+ years of professional working experience in a production or quality-driven role
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.