Mobile | Senior Analytics Engineer
Respawn Entertainment is hiring! We’re looking for an accomplished Senior Analytics Engineer to join our Mobile team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making great games in a collaborative environment with a team of talented and experienced professionals.
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you will report to the Technical Director for Mobile at Respawn and will develop and maintain the analytics tooling that powers game analysis and reporting.
The Senior Analytics Engineer will work collaboratively with Data Engineering and Product Management teams to build dashboards and self-service tooling that visualizes data providing insights related to our Mobile game.
On a typical day, the Senior Analytics engineer will spend time directly working with the partner teams to:
- Interview Product Managers and other leaders to collect analytics requirements.
- Define taxonomies.
- Act as a primary Point of Contact between Respawn and other internal/external partner teams.
- Validate the available metrics, perform gap analysis of what's missing/needed.
We ask that you are:
- Proficient in data and analytics technology.
- A strong verbal and written communicator.
- Bilingual, with proficiency in English and Mandarin.
- Create dashboards for Product Managers, Engineers, and other users.
- Support self-service power users with advanced querying.
- Define event descriptions and attributes, craft example code for game developers, and define flows via diagrams and documentation for the development team, based on requirements from analysts, PMs, and engineers.
- Own the authoritative list of all data events and attributes across all systems in the game.
Testing & Validation:
- In partnership with QA, create test plans for QA for all Telemetry event testing.
- In partnership with the Data Engineering team, create test plans for load testing for all Telemetry events and ETL testing.
- Operates as the primary liaison between QA, Data Engineering, and the game development team for all QA of data.
- Translating raw analytics needs/requests to engineering requirements.
- Have a strong understanding of the mechanics of the game to be able to answer data engineers questions
- Leverage various scripting and programming languages to integrate with disparate systems within the organization.
- Suggest, leverage and build upon existing Commercial off the shelf products for cloud pipelines.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the game team, the Data Management team, and the Analytics team for all things related to data and analytics engineering / technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 10+ years working with Analytic tooling, Data pipelines, Relational databases, and visualization tools.
- Strong track record of partnering and collaboration with engineering teams and partners for requirements definition.
- A strong understanding of analytics data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, BigQuery, and similar technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proven ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Extensive experience using analytics tools such as QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, and similar.
- Extensive experience working with Databases, Building Schemas, Validating Data utilizing Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL and similar technologies.
- Hands-on experience with a cloud-based data-warehousing system (e.g. Snowflake).
- Excellent SQL skills - DML and DDL - able to write complex SQL, multi-table joins and unions, in order to create dimensional models.
- Strong analytical skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience working with ML technologies for Data modelling, forecasting is a plus.
- Expert in researching troubleshooting techniques and best practices and use of new technologies.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.