We’re looking for an accomplished Gameplay Software Engineer to join an established team of developers working on a successful AAA live service competitive shooter.
We are looking for someone who will use their hard-earned expertise to build fast, responsive, and fluid gameplay experiences. The ideal candidate will have a mix of technical and gameplay design skills and will embrace and contribute to our team culture to help create an amazing game.
What you’ll do…
- Write gameplay scripts and C/C++ code.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and animators to design and build gameplay systems.
- Fix tricky bugs and solve complex problems.
- Proactively identify and deal with potential issues before they blow up.
Ideally, you will have…
- 5+ years experience of professional game development.
- Strong design sensibilities and the ability to express what makes great gameplay.
- Fluency in C/C++.
- Passion for making games and playing them.
- The ability to rapidly create prototypes to test the feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out.
- A desire to build a really awesome game with an excited team of talented people.
- Interest in working in all parts of the codebase, as well as creating really fun gameplay.
- Console programming experience, and hopefully you've shipped something already.
- Experience of the unique challenges of delivery of a successful AAA live service.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree.
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math.
- Experience with large codebases and the ability to work on code that you didn't write.
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed.
Other important qualities…
- You are self-motivated and able to deliver on your promises without micro-management.
- You have a good attitude, and you are someone that designers and artists want to work with.
- You have a proven ability to independently design, schedule, and implement game/engine features.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.