WHAT WE VALUE...
Gameplay first. The essential foundation of a great gaming experience starts with gameplay. Every detail is crafted with purpose;
all of our development disciplines contribute towards creating an incredible gameplay experience for our players.
Respawn is looking for a highly skilled Designer/Scripter who will create exciting scripted moments and accompanying
level design in the game. We’re picturing someone who is both creative and technical, and who can own and deliver some of the
most memorable experiences and story moments in the game. We are only considering students who will be enrolled in a
Bachelors or Masters program in the summer of 2020, slated to graduate in Fall of 2021 or Spring of 2022.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an
online presentation, or attaching documents to your resume. Please apply with as many examples of the following:
● Provide scripts and/or code samples.
● Exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of
screenshots. Include any relevant design projects.
● Examples of level design and/or scripting you have created.
WHAT IS IT LIKE...
● Creative Freedom
● Genuine Game Feel
● Align on Values
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR...
● Design Sensibilities and Insight
● You’ve Made Stuff You Are Proud Of
● Potential Over Experience
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE...
● Experience working in a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events.
● A strong attention to detail and the ability to meticulously polish gameplay moments to a AAA quality.
● Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental
storytelling, testing, etc.
● Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts.
● Ability to pitch game design concepts in a clear, detailed manner, through strong written and verbal skills.
● Self-direction and the ability to work autonomously as well as with a team.
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and portfolio and we will get back to you once we
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.