Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six…
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.Job Description
As an Art Director at Red Storm Entertainment you provide artistic leadership while inspiring and guiding the team to achieve the overall vision of the project. To do this you will;
- Define how to best realize the game’s creative ambitions partnering with the Game and Creative Director.
- Build a learning environment within the art team and implement processes of artistic research.
- Nourish the artistic vision by looking for sources of inspiration outside of the video game industry.
- Participate in controlling the unity of all visual parts: models, characters, atmosphere, etc.
- Build and guide an art team that fosters an atmosphere of excellence, collaboration and discipline to deliver the best overall game experience.
- Contribute to the art pipeline definition and develop milestones for art team.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Create, drive and uphold the artistic vision and direction whilst honoring the brand.
- Partner with other studios to ensure consistency and quality for the project.
- Collaborate with Creative and Project Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable visuals.
- With your team, deliver state of the art visuals, finding the right balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- At least 5-7 years of game art production experience, including 2 years successful experience in art quality assurance.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA title as an Art Director coupled with previous experience as a Lead Artist.
- A thorough understanding of art outsourcing pipelines, capacities and technical constraints related to different game engines.
- Proven proficiency in current 2D and 3D application including 3Ds Max, Zbrush, Photoshop.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to frame delivery goals for a team, and review and dynamically adjust them to achieve success.
- In-depth comprehension of the technical landscape; hardware, software and techniques.
- Strong documentation skills and the ability to effectively apply them to production.
- Unity knowledge is a bonus.
- A passion for VR; Experience in VR is a bonus.
- Subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents
- Paid life, accidental death & dismemberment, short- and long-term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible work schedule
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.