Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for an experienced programmer to work as part of the Tools & Core Technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One and PC platforms.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for an experienced UI programmer to develop a leading-edge UI creation and scripting tool for front-end menus, in-game menus and in-game HUD aspects of AAA games. The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience working on large-scale codebases in C++. They will have created user interfaces and have an understanding of content creation workflow for game development.
A strong academic background is preferred (1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other computing-related subject). Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they have the appropriate experience.
- Design, develop and maintain the UI tool
- Working with other team members to add new UI System features
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of UI tasks
- Strong C/C++ skills
- GUI creation
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Comfortable working with a large existing code base
- Good communication with developers from all disciplines
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries