Rebellion Warwick is currently seeking an experienced technical animator to work with our animation teams on exciting new game projects. Demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of animation systems the successful candidate will play a key role in the evolution of the animation pipeline meeting the demands of new projects and satisfying Rebellion’s high quality bar. This is a great opportunity to work at one of Europe’s largest independent game developers, using cutting edge technology to create highly successful game titles.
This role is full-time based in-house at Rebellion’s Warwick studio. We are open to both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
We’re ideally looking for at least 2 years’ experience of video-games development, including 1 year of working in a specific technical animation games role, or relevant transferrable technical animation experience. A 1st class or 2:1 degree in Digital Animation, Computer & Video Games, Computer Animation and Special Effects, or other animation education would be preferred, but we will always consider equivalent professional animation experience.
Please include a link to your portfolio of both technical and production animation examples.
- Outstanding knowledge of Maya
- Excellent ability to code MEL and Python (knowledge of PyMel and C++ would be an advantage)
- Experience of using mo-cap data, clean up & re-targeting processes to produce realistic animations.
- Highly motivated and creative thinker who takes the initiative in solving problems and seeking improvements
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, as well as team-working and the ability to accept and follow direction
- Any knowledge of using a proprietary game engine such as Unreal would be an advantage
- Passion for animation and a genuine interest in playing games
- Work with the animation team to evolve and devise new animation solutions and pipelines for entire game projects
- Create character rigs and facial animation techniques
- Identify and address optimisations and efficiencies within the animation pipeline
- Collaborate with other discipline leads ensuring the animation solution meets the requirements of specific projects
- Share knowledge with internal and external teams through strong documentation and verbal communication skills
- Research new technologies, innovations and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion, incorporating this knowledge to future systems where appropriate
- Work within the animation team on production animation tasks as well as proactively resolving technical animation issues