Rebellion Warwick is currently looking for special effects artists, passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effects for games. Successful applicants will be passionate, self-driven and talented, with a genuine interest in playing games. We will consider applicants from mid to senior level.
For senior level applications we would expect a minimum of at least 5 years’ industry experience in VFX and experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 2+ published games.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability.
- Create, design and implement real-time particle effects using both static and animating 2D/3D elements
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Expert Adobe Photoshop ability
- Experience creating own effect textures
- Expert-level of understanding for particle systems, post processing effects.
- Excellent understanding and implementation skills of in-game special effects
- 3D modelling in Max/Maya/ZBrush
- Material creation in Substance Designer and Substance Painter
- 2D particle texture creation skills
- Understanding of lighting and HDR an advantage
- Experience of profiling VFX performance with in-engine tools an advantage
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
- Would benefit being able to use Houdini’s pyroFX to create realistic fire, smoke and explosion sprite particles.