Rebellion Oxford is now looking for Senior (Lead Level), Quality Assurance Analyst to join our expanding internal QA team. We need testers who are passionate about games on all platforms to test our latest games for issues and report errors. Our QA team is responsible for testing on current and next-gen consoles, PC and mobile devices, ensuring all technical requirements are met and that our games achieve the best possible quality.
This role will initially be a 13 month full-time employed contract role (not freelance or agency) based in-house at our Oxford head-studio, however for the right person there are great prospects for this contract to be extended in future and/or to transition into a permanent in-house role. You must be able to legally work in the UK and available for extended hours when necessary.
We’re looking for people with at least 3 years’ experience testing mobile or current-generation game consoles. Ideally you will have experience in the full development cycle, from start to finish, and a broad knowledge of games in general.
In this role you will;
- Find and/or reproduce bugs and defects in games and other interactive products, investigating and reporting on these and verifying fixes before games go live
- Maintain and update Rebellion bug databases, documenting test results accurately
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications
- Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, working closely with development teams and external publisher QA to identify, report and recreate bugs, communicating ideas and issues clearly, to ensure highest quality outcomes
RequirementsGood understanding of game development and software testing methodsExperience of using bug testing and tracking software, eg JIRA, Mantis, DevTrackCompetent PC user with confident report writing, spreadsheet and database skillsExcellent written and verbal communication skillsMethodical with consistent excellent attention to detail, ability to remain focussed when approaching repetitive tasksExcellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, as well as team working and the ability to accept and follow directionA genuine passion for games of all genres and pushing quality as far as possibleTechnical experience and knowledge of current-gen TRC/XR's would be an advantage
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Oxford Location: local pub, M&S and Waitrose, 5 minute walk to train station and 15 minute walk to city centre
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch