Rebellion Oxford is currently looking for a Senior Graphics Programmer to work as part of its core technology team, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You will be working to make improvements to all areas of our in-house engine.
At least 5 years’ games industry experience with at least 2 years in a senior graphics programming role is required. Experience of working on large-scale projects with a cross-platform engine would be preferred.
A first class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject would be preferred. Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they meet the experience criteria above.
This role is full-time permanent role based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, not available to freelance or agencies. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion coding team.
You will be responsible for;
- Implementing new graphics techniques
- Adding support for next generation platforms
- Profiling and optimising existing graphics code
- Working with other team members to add new rendering features to all current platforms
- Assisting with planning and scheduling of rendering tasks
- Mentoring junior team members
- Strong C/C++
- Strong mathematical skills
- Writing shaders
- Using shader debugging tools
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries