Rebellion Oxford is looking for a Senior environment artist to join our team. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. Check out our website for other available in-house art roles, at our Oxford, Runcorn and Warwick offices, and our employee benefits; flexible start and finish times, pension, childcare and cycle schemes, events, giveaways and more…
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion Art Team
You will have need to have outstanding industry experience modelling, texturing and ideally lighting game environments is required. Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max, Maya, XNormal, Substance Designer and Substance Painter, and normal mapped game environments.
- Create models of 3D environments, create PBR materials and textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3dMax or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer, Quixel and how to bring this to engine.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Knowledge and experience with photogrammetry pipelines would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Out-Source pipelines would be advantageous
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries