Two simple questions:
1. Do you spend all your time playing games, streaming, chatting to other gamers and creating content for Insta and Twitter?
2. Do you know how to grow an audience in the video games space?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent interactive studios, operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our all-new Senior Community Manager and join our passionate and talented marketing team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Senior Community Manager role:
The Senior Community Manager is a new role dedicated to taking the lead on all social and community efforts within Rebellion’s games business, with a focus on driving fan engagement with our community-facing platforms and programmes. You will represent and grow our community base through innovative and creative campaigns. You will be working closely with internal development and creative teams, as well as external partners. The Senior Community Manager and their team will also play a key role in ensuring that community sentiment and data makes its way back into the studio, funnelling this information to the relevant teams and helping to shape the future of our games and programmes.
This role would suit an existing Community or Senior Community Manager, who thrives in roles that offer real responsibility.
The Rebellion marketing team is a passionate and growing, multi-discipline team spanning marketing, product, communications and performance, dedicated to introducing a global audience of gamers to our world class games.
Measurable growth across all highlighted social channels, and community platforms
Increased player engagement and sentiment
Creation of high-quality, high-impact social assets for relevant channels
Key decision-making across multiple projects, based on audience insights
- Disseminate important community and game updates across all relevant Rebellion channels and become a known presence in our community spaces.
Monitor, report and drive key community engagement performance metrics.
- Develop the community management strategy for each title in collaboration with the Game Teams.
- Set Community/Social Management team processes and KPIs to ensure that our output remains consistent across all community channels.
- Motivate and mentor your team members
- Establish a framework of feedback collation and presentation, working with internal teams to ensure we understand player experience around the right focus points.
- Curate and collate user-generated content, sharing the most compelling stories or assets with the wider Community team for spotlighting.
- Work closely with the Customer Support team on disciplinary procedures around incidents and player behaviour reported via our channels.
- Identify community leaders and empower them to contribute to the greater community.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- Good understanding of games as a service and their communities.
- Proven experience of owning projects from concept to launch, and through entire product lifecycle.
- Demonstrable familiarity with a range of community spaces (eg, Forums, Discord, Reddit) and social channels (eg, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube)
- Strong passion for video games players, communities and their behaviours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a confident presentation style.
- Experience managing and working alongside internal and external stakeholders (agencies, distribution partners, development teams, etc).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise work to meet specific deadlines.
- Highly organised and self-starting, effective at working against a plan to deliver incremental results.
- Passion for games and gaming culture, action/adventure genre an added bonus.
- Seeks opportunities to try ideas that are bold and different.
- A good people manager.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries