Rebellion VFX are opening the doors of our brand new Didcot Film and TV Studios and we are looking for an experienced Rigging TD/Technical Animator.
With projects based on classic Rebellion IPs, this is an opportunity to be working on some brand new film and TV projects and be one of the first members of the new VFX team.
This role can be a full-time permanent role based in-house at our Didcot Studio or Short term in-house contract. You must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Good knowledge of anatomy and a thorough understanding of biomechanics, kinesiology for humanoid and animals.
- Thorough understanding of weighting, skinning and be able to work interactively with modellers to resolve challenges.
- Good communication skill and ability to work interactively with the rest of the team.
- Ability to rig characters/objects in a realistic or cartoon manner.
- Python/Mel, GUI scripting and the ability to follow strict coding standards
- Maya API, C++ skills are a plus.
- Strong production experience on game cinematics, VFX and realistic character is preferable.
- Knowledge of Houdini would be an advantage.
- Experience with game engines is a plus
- Develop realistic skeletal rigs for a variety of humanoids, creatures and props.
- Create tools with Python and MEL scripts to generate rigs in a procedural manner.
- Troubleshoot and fix rig issues, collect artistic feedback and fine tune rig behaviour
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries