Rebellion Publishing is seeking a production manager with 3-5 years’ experience to join its expanding publishing team. Covering the production of fiction, non-fiction, graphic novels and comics, the role will also engage with the publication of special and limited edition products and be responsible for analysing stock holdings on an ongoing basis and advising on reprints. You will be familiar with formats used in the both in the UK and US and be able to advise the editorial teams on all aspects of a book’s production. You will need to liaise with UK and international printers and freight companies, as our books are published in both North America and the UK. You must be able to negotiate good terms and be agile in handling long and short print deadlines.
The ideal candidate will have proven book production and management experience, across fiction and 4c illustrated titles. You will oversee complex titles and print projects, ensuring that clear and consistent quality expectations are met. You must have superb communication and organisational skills, with the ability to forge strong relationships quickly with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be pro-active, quick thinking, analytical, with a strategic approach, able to hit the deck running.
If you have managerial ability in a production environment and are looking for an exciting new challenge, then this is the role for you.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries