Do you want to work on some of the video games industry’s most exciting titles? Do you dream of launching successful games at the forefront of gaming technology? Do you dream of combining a love of games with marketing? If you’ve answered yes to the above, we are looking for you!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent Interactive studios, operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 20 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager to join our passionate and talented marketing team, and build on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Product Marketing Manager role:
The Product Marketing Manager is a new role dedicated to leading the product marketing strategy, planning and delivery of campaigns for its most respected video game brands and products. You will be at the forefront of the decision-making process, in a role with real ownership and responsibility, working closely with development and creative teams. Alongside the PR, Social, Community and Content teams, you will spearhead multiple campaigns from start to finish, defining campaign strategy and acting as the brand evangelist for all internal and external stakeholders.
This role would suit an existing Product or Marketing Manager, who thrives in roles that offer real responsibility, and who can combine creative and commercial mindsets.
The Rebellion marketing team is a passionate and growing, multi-discipline team spanning marketing, product, communications and performance, dedicated to introducing a global audience of gamers to our world class games. As a key part of the team, you will be the interface between our development teams, our players and our customers, shaping our product direction and roadmap, setting global market strategy, and working with external partners.
- Successful product lifecycle campaigns – from concept through to post-launch lifecycle – informed by audience data and insights
- Achieving positive ROIs across all products
- Creation of high-quality, high-impact marketing assets for targeted audience segments
- Key decision-making across multiple projects, based on business intelligence
- Creating and delivering strategic marketing plans for specific game products, including application of segmentation, targeting, communications, forecasting, budgeting and more.
- Commissioning, reviewing and feeding back on marketing, PR and social/community plans delivered by internal and external partners.
- Working with in-house teams to define and deliver consistent, engaging creative across all channels, including box art, tone of voice, trailers, websites, public events and more.
- Acting as the key contact for our external partners, developing and maintaining crucial relationships and supplying the information, assets and plans they require to help promote Rebellion games.
- Analysing and reporting key campaign metrics and findings to both the team and to Rebellion management.
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team and continue to develop a culture of growth and inclusion. Rebellion encourages innovation in all areas and we look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better. We would like to invite all demographics of culture, gender, ethnicity, neuro-diversity and beyond because we believe a representative team makes better games and provides a better working life.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a marketing, brand or product management role in the video games industry
An understanding of the marketing planning process including customer segmentation and the internal and external
analysis of product and market.
- Broad knowledge of video games players, communities and their behaviours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, coupled with a confident presentation style.
- Experience managing and working alongside internal and external stakeholders (agencies, distribution partners, development teams, etc).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise work to meet specific deadlines.
- Highly organised and self-starting.
- Passion for games and gaming culture, action/adventure genre an added bonus.
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries