Rebellion Oxford is seeking a highly motivated Outsource Artist to join its development team. The successful candidate will be skilled in the creation of artwork and assist in the organisation and review process of external artwork for established franchises and new IP, aided by a proven outsourcing pipeline in place and delivering. Applicants will need to demonstrate a mix of artistic flare, direction and communication skills.
An ideal applicant will have at least 3 year’s industry experience in any art discipline, with at least 1 year experience of brief creation and feedback for out-sourced artwork.
Please ensure your application is supplemented with your portfolio of art work.This role is full-time, based in-house at our Oxford headquarters. This is a permanent in-house role and you must be able to legally work in the UK.
- Work within the development team to facilitate the smooth movement of art assets between internal and out-source teams, reporting to the Head of Outsourcing
- Ensure art assets are made available to the art team members and that feedback is made available to the out-source team
- Work alongside the project’s senior staff to ensure assets are delivered on time to the required technical and aesthetic level
- Assist in the authoring of out-source briefs / asset packs
- Report on the progress and status of art assets in conjunction with the project’s senior staff
- Have an on-going passion for creating game artwork to keep abreast of the latest techniques and processes used by internal and out-source teams
- Highly motivated, organized and approachable, with a can-do attitude and flexibility to change
- Thorough understanding of game art and creation processes, for example high resolution sculpting, UV layout, texturing, and use of shaders
- Excellent spoken, written and diagrammatic communication skills, able to explain complex instructions to an external team
- Able to identify any risks and issues in the out-source pipeline and proactively seek solutions
- Able to evaluate and assess assets marked for out-source in order to budget geometry, texture and time allocations accurately
- Software knowledge should include 3d package such as Maya/Max/Blender with a knowledge of sculpting such as Zbrush/Mudbox, and Substance.
- Experience of implementing assets to a realtime game engine such as Unreal or Unity.
- Knowledge of Photogrammetry, Marvellous designer, animation or rigging would be advantageous
- Holiday: 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance: Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
- Pension Contribution: Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
- Healthcare Cash Plan: Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
- Dental & Vision: Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
- Income Protection: Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury
- Critical Illness: Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
- Life Assurance: Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
- EAP: Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling
- Active Rewards: Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
- Gym Membership: Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
- Loans: Interest free, tax-free loans
- Relocation: Assistance with relocation planning and costs
- Cycling Cycle Scheme: Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
- Referral Bonus: Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Flexible Hours: Flexible start and finish times
- Great Friendly Culture: Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
- Social & Charity Events: Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
- Digital Freebies: GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries