We’re recruiting a Head of Web to take the lead on web for the Rebellion Group. Based in our studio in Oxford, you’ll be an essential part of the leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll ensure we have a high-performing team as we grow. We're looking for an avid gamer, a fan of our brand and an extremely savvy digital operations guru – pragmatic, strategic and highly organised.
As the Head of Web, you'll be responsible for our multiple websites, e-commerce platforms, mobile apps and the development of our internal tech tools - ensuring the team and platform operations are optimised, streamlined and aligned with cross-functional teams – a master planner and tracker. You're an experienced digital operations manager, across a matrix organisation, with a keen eye for detail and passion for driving business efficiencies. You'll work alongside the Marketing, Publishing and Code teams to ensure the sites are current, relevant, and on-brand.
The successful candidate will be results oriented, with a bias for action; an excellent communicator, technically minded, business-focused, nimble and well-versed in resource/process management; with a steadfast obligation for continuous improvement - team, systems and processes.
- Senior experience in digital/web operations and web development
- Strong leadership skills, must be able to influence at all levels, use data to facilitate decision making and advise best practice; not afraid to challenge when necessary
- Ability to maintain relationships with, and manage process flows across, various internal departments, third parties and agencies
- The ideal candidate would come from a technical background and have experienced hands-on development.
- Impeccable project management skills, familiar with agile methodology with a keen eye for detail
- Understanding of the gaming and creative industries, competitive landscape and digital trends
- Hands-on experience with CMS, web analytics; data driven and literacy in performance data metrics, and how data can be used to deliver optimised experiences
- Resourceful, resilient, highly organised
- Excellent prioritisation and multi-tasking skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with proficiency and professionalism
- Obligation and enthusiasm to drive results and affect meaningful change
- Views challenges as opportunities, solution oriented, creative problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills - a team player who is able to lead and work collaboratively within the group, as well as across business units/functions
- Holidays: 26 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (34 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise, discounted membership at The Athlete Centre gym 200 metres from Oxford studio
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-5pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch)
Not to mention the general benefit of working for Rebellion, being part of a successful independent developer unique in size, stability and variety of in-house expertise, covering multiple projects, genres and platforms, with our own IP.