Rebellion is looking for an environment artist to join our Runcorn Studio. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
This role is full-time. We are a licensed visa sponsor and can consider both permanent or fixed-term employment but not freelance, agencies or remote working. Check out our website for other available in-house art roles, at our Oxford, Runcorn and Warwick offices, and our employee benefits; flexible start and finish times, pension, childcare and cycle schemes, events, giveaways and more…
Want to know more? You can watch our video here;
Inside the Rebellion Art Team
You will have at least 3 years’ industry experience modelling, texturing and ideally lighting game environments is required. Experience of a full console/PC production cycle, from beginning to end, on at least 1 published game would be preferred.
Please include a link to your portfolio of examples demonstrating outstanding visual and technical ability, high-resolution modelling in Max, Maya, XNormal, Substance Designer and Substance Painter, and normal mapped game environments.
- Create models of 3D environments, create PBR materials and textures and light environments for Rebellion games
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritise own tasks
- Expert Modelling and UV skills with a recognised 3d package such as Maya, 3dMax or Blender.
- To be conversant with hi-res workflow, sculpting in Zbrush or Mudbox and with normal map baking.
- Fluent in PBR material creation pipelines with Substance Painter & Designer, Quixel and how to bring this to engine.
- Skills in a recognised 2d package such as Photoshop.
- Demonstrable experience of using game engines.
- Knowledge and experience with photogrammetry pipelines would be advantageous
- Knowledge and experience with Out-Source pipelines would be advantageous
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
- Holidays: 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays (33 days total)
- Relocation: reasonable pre-agreed costs eg belongings, transport, non-refundable agency fees, etc
- Pension: contributory pension scheme where company matches 4%, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Cycle Scheme: spread bike payments over 12 months, salary sacrifice so saves on tax & NI
- Eye Test Vouchers: free eye tests and additional discounts on glasses/contact lenses
- Introduction bonus: £2k for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
- Loans: Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Free Stuff: fresh fruit, Rebellion Steam titles, GDC Vault access, digital 2000AD/Solaris/Abaddon/Ravenstone copies, game and film library
- Discounts: 50% off most 2000AD merchandise
- Culture: friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance
- Social: annual company events (Summer BBQ & Christmas Party), various ad-hoc events and out-of-hours social groups such as photography, board games, football, baking, etc
- Hours: flexible start and finish times (core hours 10am-4pm with 7.5 working hours overall plus 1 hour for lunch