Rebellion is currently looking for an experienced application developer to work as part of the Tools & Core Technology team on our in-house content editing application. This editor is the primary application used by Rebellion’s game designers and artists working on various AAA titles currently in development for PC, PS4, Xbox One and next-generation consoles. This is a permanent full-time role primarily based in-house at our Oxford headquarters, but we have flexibility around remote working opportunities.
- Gathering requirements for new features and using them to design solutions
- Collaborating with content creators to iterate on the implementation
- Writing unit tests for core functionality
- Documenting designs and user guides
- Responding to bug reports and fixing issues.
The ideal applicant will have at least 3 years’ experience working on large-scale codebases in C++. They will have created user interfaces and have an understanding of content creation workflow for game development. Experience with data manipulation and presentation patterns such as MVVM would be highly advantageous.
A strong academic background is preferred (1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other computing-related subject). Candidates with other degrees and those without higher academic qualifications are still encouraged to apply if they have the appropriate experience.
- Strong C/C++ skills
- UI creation using patterns such as MVVM or MVP
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and modular code
- Comfortable working with a large existing code base
- Good communication with developers and content creators
- Organisation and planning skills for prioritising features and fixes