Proletariat is seeking candidates for a 3-6 month contract as an Associate Artist to work with the Creatives Services team. This position will work closely with several areas of the studio and have many opportunities to work in a wide variety of exciting mediums on a dynamic product. The most successful candidate in this role would be a creative individual contributor who can leverage the art style and branding of our games to help create a wide range of assets on multiple mediums, including but not limited to web graphics, social media, ad creatives, motion graphics, merchandise and videos. This artist must be versatile in working with and manipulating art assets into polished, usable formats across the same wide range of media. Additionally, they must be flexible and enjoy working on a variety of projects alongside a team of collaborative professionals. Applicants should submit a resume and current portfolio of work. Qualified applicants may be expected to complete a small art test.
- Collaborate with our Creative Services team to create assets for our games’ websites, social media, and other external communication.
- Create 2d assets to be utilized in our marketing and PR initiatives – Game store platform assets, ad creatives, posters, presentation sheets, t-shirt designs, mock ups, etc.
- Capture & edit video assets for marketing trailers, community videos and streaming
- Understand the established brand identity and see the potential ways to add to it
- Manipulate image composition, and perform basic paint overs when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of digital media requirements for social platforms.
- Navigate game clients and editors to compose, frame, and capture high-quality screenshots
- Work within production schedules to deliver completed assets within deadlines.
- Collaborate with the team on creative problem solving outside of established task specifications.
- Solicit and apply regular feedback from Leads, Art Director and other Stakeholders
- Interacts with team members and peers and may interact with external peers to explain or provide semi-routine information related to assigned activities.
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative designs
- Exceptional eye for composition, contrast, and color
- Knowledge of Adobe Master Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of motion graphics with After Effects and Photoshop, or equivalent software, preferred
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Strong English communication skills – Oral and Written
- Organized and able to work to deadlines
- Knowledge and passion for video games
- Knowledge and passion for movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of marketing and social media platforms
- Traditional art and drawing skills
- Prior experience with the game industry a plus