Obsidian is looking for a creative Audio Designer to design and implement assets, manage entire projects, and specialize in key audio systems.
Over the course of our 17 years in the industry, we've always put our players first in every decision we've made. Our titles require rich and detailed soundscapes that tell a story as well as empower and move the player. The Audio Designer will work closely with the audio and development teams to plan, design, and integrate high quality, engaging sound effects from the conceptual stage all the way through to polished engine integration.
- Research, create, implement, mix, and master quality sound effects for a wide variety of gameplay systems using Wwise and Unreal 4
- Drive forward initiatives from concept through to completion
- Actively seek ways to improve audio tools and workflow pipelines
- Work closely with the Audio Director, Audio Lead, and strike team leads to meet or exceed project goals
- Field record new assets and sound effects
- Edit and process voice over and music
- Experience optimizing audio performance on PC and consoles
- 1-2 years of experience working in the game industry and one shipped game as an Audio Designer or Audio Quality Assurance Analyst
- Ability to establish clear creative intentions through research, references, and documentation
- Must be friendly, assertive, and open-minded to foster a positive work environment through camaraderie and collaboration
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant studies such as Audio Engineering
- Post-production experience in other audio related fields such as television or film
- Experience using Wwise, FMOD, Unity, and/or Unreal 4
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Lifelong gamer with a passion for role playing games and interactive storytelling
- An online reel demonstrating quality in-game audio where you were credited as an Audio Designer
Obsidian Entertainment is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please no phone calls or drop ins. We only accept electronic applications.