Niantic’s People Team seeks a Senior Manager, HR Operations and Reporting to build the next phase of our people operations strategy. The People Team is trusted to attract, retain, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. We help ensure that our People practices support our values and our ambitious mission.
This newly-created manager role reports to the Director of Total Rewards & HR Operations in our San Francisco headquarters and will lead a small but dedicated team of people operations and HRIS professionals. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead our global HR operations programs, including policies, end-to-end HR processes, systems, and communications to achieve efficiency, productivity, improved governance, and controls.
- Own the technical side of HR, including systems (UltiPro), evaluating new tools and offerings, integrations, and enterprise-wide solutions.
- Evaluate existing operational practices while providing recommendations and executing plans for changes.
- Lead compliance with GDPR, EEO-1 reporting, and regular audits.
- Ensure data integrity, and build our HR Reporting capabilities, dashboards, critical metrics, and reporting processes.
- Lead and develop a small team of HR operations professionals, balancing empowerment and support, mentorship and doing.
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to reinvent how People, Recruiting, Payroll, FP&A, IT, and Legal processes support each other in anticipating and responding to business needs.
- Ensure our operational processes balance flexibility and scalability, ensuring diverse users have the data, tools, and processes to lead Niantic's next chapter of growth.
- You have 8+ years of relevant HRIS, HR Operations, and HR Reporting experience, including a strong emphasis on global HCM administration and operations and at least 3 years of relevant people management experience.
- You show exemplary problem solving and analytical skills and can move fluidly between long-term strategic decisions and immediate tasks.
- You demonstrate a bias towards action in driving continuous improvement through project/program management.
- You bring a depth of experience coupled with humility to explore established solutions to sophisticated problems while finding the right solution for Niantic.
- You understand the legal environment and help guarantee adherence with all applicable employment laws.
- You are a persuasive and clear communicator, leading change through training and influence across all levels and functions of colleagues.
- You have demonstrable experience in navigating diverse priorities in a fast-paced, vibrant environment.
- You are flexible and creative, at ease with ambiguity, organized and detail oriented.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (HR, Business Systems).
- You have experience with UltiPro (strong plus), ADP, and NetSuite.
- You have led cross-functional teams working on contingent workforce management, headcount/position management, onboarding/offboarding, and user training.
- You have late-phase startup experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.