Do you want to use data to design products and make decisions at scale, delighting users today and helping craft the future of real-world gaming and Augmented Reality? Join Niantic, the developer of Pokémon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, as a Product Manager on the Data Platform team to lead, innovate, and build outstanding experiences across our suite of products and games. Partner with scientists, engineers, and product managers to develop products and processes to power a data-informed culture and ecosystem on the Niantic Real World Platform for millions of people around the world, every day.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to conceptualize, prototype, iterate, then land new products and features across our platform and games.
- Initiate and lead multiple concurrent 0 to 1 product development efforts, working closely with engineering, marketing, legal, design, and business development teams.
- Identify user and business needs then work with teams to develop strategic and scalable solutions across all-things-data at Niantic.
- Employ Machine Learning and Data Science to personalize and optimize experiences for our users.
- Develop products and processes that foster and enable a data-informed product design and decision making practice.
- Define, track and grade OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to decision-makers across the organization.
- You have 5+ years product management or other experience working with data.
- You have a BA/BS in computer science, engineering, math, business administration or relevant knowledge.
- You are highly collaborative and passionate about using behavioral data to improve user experience and product performance; able to inspire and educate designers and engineers with thought-provoking objectives and customer-centric use cases.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit — taking initiative and self-starter, as part of a team.
- You use quantitative, experimentation-based problem-solving skills, such as A/B testing, to make product improvements
- Your collaboration skills and relationship management is strong to effectively work across many leading-edge technology areas and cross-functional teams.
- You achieve results-oriented goals in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and constantly evolving environment, demonstrating excellent business judgment.
- Your communication skills are excellent with the ability to understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
Join the Niantic team!
- You have developed and deployed machine learning models or data-powered products.
- You have experience with large scale data processing (e.g. BigQuery, Spark, Hive, DataFlow/Beam) or programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Scala, Go).
- You are skilled in statistics and the science underlying data-informed techniques.
- You have worked in omnichannel, direct marketing, or performance marketing applications.
- You are familiar with the gaming industry, especially Niantic’s games.
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.