Want to work on creating novel location-based augmented reality marketing solutions that users find fun? We’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial product manager to lead our ad server and advertising tooling work.
As the Ads Platform Infra & Tooling PM, you'll be an early PM on our growing Ads team. You'll own the strategy and execution of our ad server infrastructure, algorithms and advertiser tools for contextual location-based and augmented reality ads for our popular AR games and other applications. Your scope will be high impact and strategic, and there will be many 0 to 1 opportunities to launch new products and features.
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our Ads Platform, enabling brands and businesses to reach consumers through fun experiences contextualized to the real world.
- Work with the engineering, data/machine learning, and revenue teams to define and build ad server features, including both advertiser-facing features as well as core infrastructure such as ads ranking, auction system, ads quality, personalization, prediction, and measurement/attribution.
- Conduct industry and customer research to define the roadmap for the ad server supporting our unique formats across all of Niantic's popular AR games and other applications.
- Drive analyses to help us optimize the ad system with respect to user and advertiser experiences, including user research, data analyses, experiments, usability studies etc.
- Discover new ways to add new value through Niantic’s games and platform and contribute to the Ads product roadmap overall.
- Make recommendations about whether to build, buy, or partner for key capabilities required to deliver products to the market.
- Work cross-functionally with engineering, data sciences, marketing, legal, and business teams to build and release new features.
Join the Niantic team!
- 4+ years of relevant job experience in Ads product management, especially in ad server / infrastructure / personalization / measurement.
- Passion for building products that serve business users, especially marketers.
- Interest and experience in building 0 to 1 products.
- Strong analytical abilities, at ease working with spreadsheets and multiple sources of data to turn numbers into insights.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies and their relevance to the marketplace.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with sales teams and engineering teams.
- Strong presentation abilities, including towards senior executive audience internally and with our advertisers.
- Shown mastery of cross-functional leadership and collaboration.
- Bonus points for experience with marketing effectiveness measurement for retail, QSR, and CPG.
- Familiarity/knowledge of Niantic games, its community, and gaming communities a plus.
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.