The Player Support team is seeking an Operations Manager to contribute to the planning, execution and day-to-day operations of various aspects of the Pokémon GO support team. We provide global customer support and use tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users.
As part of the team, you'll collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location-based gaming products including but not limited to providing design input for tools, features and events, crafting documentation and training colleagues, tracking bugs and championing their resolution, representing the players' point of view with colleagues and advocating on players’ behalf. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Work with Product, Engineering, Design, and other departments to ensure successful launch of support offerings for new product features and events. This may include crafting help center articles and other user-facing content, reviewing product designs for support implications, and developing proposals on how to address customers’ support requests.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to workflow and process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization, documenting process, writing user-facing content, product support, and data analysis.
- Be the point of contact for our support agents; this includes, but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following escalation protocols.
- Represent the voice of the user in meetings with partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Serve as a subject-matter guide on our games.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively lead the global support processes.
- Work with regional partners to collect input on regional and cultural differences and improve implementation plans.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in operations and/or user support, streamlining and scaling customer focused programs, or equivalent experience.
- You don’t need to know how to write code but you can connect with ease to engineers and technical folks. For example, you understand the concept of client-server architecture....or you can get the gist of it from reading the Wikipedia article on the topic.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Excellent problem solver with strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are excited by the opportunity to fix something.
- Able to lead complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels. You can take ambiguous details and translate them into executable action items. You can read an engineering spec for a new feature and understand where users might need support.
- Standout teammate and self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a dynamic, constantly evolving team environment.
- Confidence in analyzing and using data to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Real passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
- You care deeply about user experience design and reducing frustration and user confusion. When you use a product, you often cannot help but think about how to improve it.
- You have experience working with mobile gaming player communities.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.