We are seeking a Manager, Learning & Development for a newly crafted position for Niantic. This is a great opportunity to build a L&D function that supports a scaling and growing business. The L&D Manager will develop the learning strategy for Niantic, build the instructional design, and help to deliver the content to our global workforce. This role will be based at Niantic’s headquarters in San Francisco, will report to the Director, HR and will be a member of Niantic’s People Team. The People Team is trusted to attract, retain, and empower diverse, outstanding talent in the gaming and augmented reality industries. We help ensure that our People practices support our values and our ambitious mission. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
If you have passion to build the L&D function from the ground up, this role is for you! You will lead the L&D strategy and will execute programming across all of Niantic globally.
- Partner with the CPO and the HR Manager Team to identify learning needs, build upon existing content and drive a comprehensive learning strategy.
- Participate as an active thought partner and team member within the broader People Team and partner effectively with business unit managers and the Executive Leadership Team.
- Provide regular data reporting, sharing insights on the impact of L&D programming to the Chief People Officer and the People Leadership Team.
- Design/develop/coordinate a learning roadmap using a broad range of tactics including e-learning, distance learning, books/videos, and OJT to meet Niantic's business needs.
- Develop material for new training programs, review and evaluate existing or proposed programs, and recommend appropriate changes.
- Develop assessments and collect feedback for trainees to measure progress and evaluate efficiency of training.
- Serve as a Learning Consultant to employees and departments interested in developing learning materials, activities and training. Assist in developing the training skills of others to launch Train-the-Trainer initiatives.
- Encourage dedication to continuous development by engaging people in learning initiatives and encouraging an environment conducive to learning and growing.
- Work with external vendors as needed to identify training solutions that are effective and affordable.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Instructional Design/Adult Education or HR Management or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience defining, developing, delivering, driving/deploying and documenting learning and development programs.
- Training Program Facilitation, Organization Development, and Organizational Design experience.
- Proficient in learning development tools.
- Instructional Design and Program Development experience.
- Understand the legal environment and help guarantee adherence with all applicable employment laws.
- Persuasive and clear verbal and written communicator, leading change through training and influence across all levels and functions of colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience in navigating diverse priorities in a fast-paced, global environment.
- Flexible and creative, at ease with ambiguity, organized and detail oriented.
- You have a bachelor's or master’s degree in a related field (HR, Education/Pedagogy, Organizational Behavior).
- You have worked as an HR Business Partner or in other HR functions.
- You have experience training global teams.
- You have proven success in both a startup environment (preferably in tech) as well as in larger established companies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.