At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do.
Nowhere is this more evident than with our Skate franchise where we’re bringing a contemporary Skate experience to our new and future fans.
We started something special back in 2007, it’s time to think big and see where we can take it. We’re looking for people that want to join the family and harness the boundless potential of skating, gaming, and community to create something that respects Skate’s legacy while pushing us into a fun filled future. Simply put, if you’re interested in building an amazing place to skate…and have fun…let us know
We are are looking for a Technical Art Director (Procedural Workflows and Generation) to join our pre-production team developing the next entry in the Skate franchise, you'll report to the Skate Technical Art Director.
NOTE - this role is available in any of the geographic locations that EA supports in North America, and can be supported remotely within those geographies.
What the Procedural Technical Art Director will do:
- Research and guide the exploration of potential solutions for Content Creation Problems as specified by Technical Art Directors and directly create proof-of-concept work in pre-production.
- Work with Technical Artists, Tools Software Engineers & Rendering Software Engineers to convert prototype content generation solutions into production content generation workflows.
- Educate and articulate concepts relating to Procedural and Parametric Content Generation to the game team through presentations; Audiences for which will include members of other disciplines and domains such as Art Direction, Engineering, Operations, and Production.
- Develop technical requirements for real-time game editor and game engine run-time procedural systems, workflows, and tools to serve game team product goals.
- Drive inclusion of new procedural content generation solutions and workflows in tech road maps, including engine , product tech art, and content team workflow road maps.
- Drive selection of off-the-shelf software and hardware solutions to support the game procedural content creation goals.
- Set technical standards and production processes to guide the TA and SE team’s work and ensure that their work achieves the content goals while also meeting performance best practices.
- Attend all planning and team meetings; Build user stories and produce time estimates for project planning.
Who You Are:
- You have 10+ years experience in the technical art field and are expert in architecture of complex procedural content creation pipelines with a focus on artist/designer friendly workflows.
- Expert in creating parametric assets that can be manipulated in real-time with user-friendly inputs and controls.
- Expert in procedural content creation applications such as Houdini and applying these within game editors and engine
- Competency with the field of AI and Machine Learning and how these can be applied to procedural and parametric content production.
- Experience developing and setting up Automation for content/asset processing.
- Work with Tools and Rendering Software Engineers to guide technology and tool development.
- Work with artists and designers to determine tool and workflow requirements.
- Familiarity with in-game User-Generated Content workflows and UX.
- Understanding of real-time game content and the requirements for these to be efficient and high-quality
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Python, VEX, C#, C++
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.