We’re collaborating with Disney and Lucasfilm Games on a new story-driven open-world video game set in the beloved Star Wars galaxy. This is a lore we love and want to do justice with a game and story that bring both new and lifelong fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
As a Senior VFX Artist at Massive, you'll be responsible for creating astonishing visual effects aligned with the games artistic vision and utilizing the technical possibilities of our Snowdrop engine. To achieve this you’ll collaborate with a multi-disciplined task force of game developers at "One of the best studios in the world" Yves Guillmot, Ubisoft CEO
- Producing high-quality effects,
- Planning, estimating, and prioritizing tasks,
- Optimizing workflows and maintaining a balance between quality and performance,
- Building relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the creation of our game assets,
- Communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure the consistency of work within the team,
- Sharing knowledge within the team and set practices, pipelines, and workflows together with others.
You're an artist driven towards producing high-quality work and who always keeps up to date with the latest tech, tools, and best practices. You've excellent communication skills in English (our company language), and you enjoy seeing the whole team succeed.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- A relevant portfolio of artwork is required (this must include VFX-Art to a photo-realistic style),
- Previous experience from several major game productions through to release,
- Several years experience as a VFX/Special Effects or Technical Artist,
- Relevant degree in an Art/Design field, or the equivalent work experience,
- Understanding of particle effect-based workflows and shader creation, from concept to optimization,
- Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects competent user for texture creation,
- Understanding of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows,
- Understanding of modeling, texture mapping, materials, and post-processing (color grading etc.),
- It would be greatly valued although not essential if you also have working knowledge in Houdini.