As a Vice President of Technology Services and Site Reliability, you will work to ensure the safe, swift, and reliable delivery of services to our customers while managing the global team of engineers. This role combines software and systems engineering to deliver highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- Leads architecture decisions and provides strategic technical direction for the department
- Develops solutions to increase service stability through automation and process re-engineering
- Builds and supports tools and systems that the enterprise will use to deploy their software into production
- Leads and participates in rotating on-call duties in a 24x7x365, team
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art tools and techniques; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Helps development teams operationalize their efforts to enable self-ownership of production services
- Supports and develops colleagues by providing advice and coaching
- Operates independently and leads other engineers though complex projects and tasks
- Sound fundamentals in UNIX based systems including proficiency with UNIX tools like SSH, grep, sed, awk, find, etc.
- An understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, DHCP, NAT, IPSEC, ECMP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
- Strong programming skills in a modern language. Go, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to script in a shell language (Bash or POSIX Shell)
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.)
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take command of a recovery effort.
- Minimum of ten years experience working in a software engineering or development role
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.