Vice President, Business Development
Plantation, FL (HQ)
We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Business Development. This role reports directly to the SVP of Business Development at Magic Leap Headquarters based in Plantation, Florida. Externally, the role consists of identifying, developing/negotiating and maintaining relationships with key strategic partners to expand the functionality of Magic Leap’s Ecosystem. Internally, the role will work cross-functionally communicating with Magic Leap leadership and between teams such as legal, finance, marketing, developer relations, content, hardware, software to help set strategic initiatives and execute key deals. It will also entail managing a highly talented BD team. The ideal candidate will have experience and subject matter expertise in some or all of the following areas: Semiconductors, Enterprise, Telco and new technologies relevant to the growing Spatial Computing market. Demonstrated success in managing and optimizing a complex funnel of partner relationships, ecosystem development, and strategic thinking is also critical. International and M&A experience is critical for this role.
- Identifying, developing and managing productive long-term relationships
- Deal formulation, negotiation, and contract execution
- Prioritizing, coordinating and managing multiple strategic and business initiatives concurrently
- Evaluating and prioritizing opportunities that realize large revenue opportunities
- Providing consistent reporting/updates and communication to business leaders and key stakeholders
- Managing a highly talented and growing BD team and collaborating with multiple stakeholders in the organization
- Partnering with Finance, Legal, Product, Engineering, Developer Relations, Studios, Marketing, and other cross-functional teams to define commercial alignments
- 15+ years of deal-making/partner management experience
- Strong problem solving, influencing, conflict resolution and decision-making skills
- Experience in operating in a fast-moving start-up environment
- Commercial experience and an understanding of the economics of Consumer products
- Ability to initiate and lead business discussions and drive ongoing engagements with C-Suite level partner and Magic Leap executives
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Energetic and collaborative team player who feeds off of goal setting and achievement
- Work experience in Semiconductors is a must. Additional experience in Enterprise, Telco, and relevant Spatial Computing technologies is a plus.
- Ability to support multiple projects and complex workstreams
- International Business Experience
- M&A experience
- BS/MS or MBA is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.