The Senior UX Researcher will play a key role in shaping our product design. This individual will design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing both qualitative and quantitative research methods such as interviews, surveys, A/B testing and user/usability testing. The ideal candidate will display a passion for user-centered design, the ability to work both independently and within a team, and the ability to inspire product design change based on a thorough understanding of user needs and behavior.
- Lead kick-off meetings with key stakeholders to gather project requirements
- Develop research plan outlining business needs, research goals, methods, participants, stakeholders, and timeline
- Conduct evaluative research to assess usability of wireframes and prototypes
- Analyze and present data to produce actionable insights and next steps to Design teams
- Present research in a clear, confident, and logical manner with clear rationale for research methodologies, insights, and decision making for any recommendations.
- Collaborate with Product to identify and track key permanence metrics.
- Develop and maintain UI/UX research repository to allow others to access as secondary research downstream
- Attend conferences to stay current on the latest trends and research methodologies
Experience and Required Skills
- Proven ability to present complex qualitative and quantitative data to diverse audiences in an approachable, actionable format
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Experience in gaining user insight throughout the specification, design, and implementation phases through interviews, site visits and other observational methods (web analytics, remote logging, remote unmoderated usability studies, etc.). Experience with both hardware and software testing a plus.
- Familiarity with Design Thinking Methodology
- Expertise in usability research, including both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Basic understanding of digital product design best practices
- Experience working with AR/VR products, consumer electronics, and / or emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Behavioral Science, HCI, Human Factors, Anthropology, Sociology, or Cognitive Psychology.
- At least 5 years of user-centered design research experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.