Magic Leap is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience working in an advanced technology team, office of CTO, or Research team, developing new technologies in SOC, opto-electrical, display, sensing for product design to join our team developing next-generation technology for mixed-reality devices in an Agile Hardware Environment.
- Experience with research and development of new technologies from concept to productization
- Rapid prototyping
- System and component specification definition
- Developing hardware blocks in RTL (Verilog/SystemVerilog) in accordance with specifications set forth by architecture team and aid in verification of designed blocks
- Simulation, modeling, design and test project development
- Design, implementation and firmware
- Troubleshooting board issues and implementing tests at system level
- Aid software engineers in debugging Post Silicon designs
- Generating test plan for validating ASIC designs for different process variations and temperatures
- Knowledgeable in power management and implementing low power systems
- Must work well with interdisciplinary groups
- Experienced writing firmware in C/C++, Python and scripting languages
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Familiar with writing and running SystemVerilog simulations
- Familiar with running Synthesis and LEC tools like Genus and Conformal
- Solid understanding of Digital and Analog Design
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all other internal & external parties
- Proficiency in data analysis and tools such as MATLAB, Python, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of C++ and Verilog/SystemVerilog.
- IBIS signal integrity simulation PSPICE simulation
- High speed memory and processor design
- Power Management design, battery life optimization
- Experience with High speed interfaces USBC, PCIe, DisplayPort
- JTAG Debug experience
- FPGA design experience optional
- Vector processing and DSP processor experience
- GPU optimization experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field (Computer Engineering or other) is required. MS or PhD is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.