Magic Leap, Inc. is currently seeking a motivated prototype engineer to help imagine, define, and create next-generation Augmented Reality experiences. Candidates should have 7+ years experience with interaction design and a strong understanding of development and prototyping environments in order to solve next-generation design problems. Candidates must be able to conceptualize and execute UI and UX concepts beyond existing computing paradigms in a fast-paced environment while always keeping user needs at the forefront.
- Design and create user experience prototypes in Unity
- Partner with designers, engineers, PMs to implement collaborative experiences
- Oversee the implementation of platform features with design driven processes
- Contribute to strategic decisions by working with engineering and design teams
- Clearly articulate design decisions to internal stakeholders
- 7+ years of relevant professional and creative experience
- Strong problem-solving and prototyping skills
- Experience in Unity required
- Experience in Unreal Engine is a plus
- Experience building prototypes, applications with different XR platforms.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience switching gears between prototyping and production implementation
- Understanding of development environments and a willingness to interface with engineers on behalf of the design team (and visa-versa)
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, any other source control systems
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience