Solution Engineer (SE) - EMEA
London, Belgium, Switzerland, or Remote
Magic Leap has one of the most exciting technologies in an industry that is breaking new ground and solving new problems. Our team needs Solutions Engineers to provide a technical skill set that works with the sales team directly with customers. The SE will be part of a growing team helping to shape our business, lead application development and customization, and prototype solutions directly with customers in various industries: Healthcare, Manufacturing (especially Auto and Transportation), Aerospace, Military, AEC, and Oil & Gas, among others.
We love scrappy. We look for people that can approach any challenge with a cool head and possess a no-problem-too-big-or-too-small attitude. You will thrive in an environment where you are juggling many balls at the same time and find solving new challenges to be stimulating. No day is like the prior. Ideally, you will have a background in software development, along with experience in real-time 3D development on multiple platforms, preferably AR or VR. Your role will involve meeting clients, providing support, and giving technical demonstrations on the Magic Leap product portfolio and other third-party solutions running on Magic Leap. This role can be based in London, Belgium, Switzerland, or remotely in an EU country.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for key technologies and platform capabilities for Magic Leap product.
- Build relationships with technical decision makers at customers, positioning Magic Leap as the key thought leader and provider in the XR industry, thus becoming a trusted advisor to the customer
- Become a technical expert in the use of the Magic Leap and 3rd party ISV portfolio and be able to take that expertise into the field.
- Consult in-depth with Enterprise developers who are planning or already using Magic Leap or competing technologies.
- Design, build, and run proof of concepts with prospective customers
- Position yourself as a go-to consultative resource and solutions expert for the greater business development team.
- Demonstrate and customize third-party ISV solutions from a variety of sources, working directly with those partners and customers.
- Support sales team initiatives and activities directly with customers in both pre-sales and post-sales timeframes.
- Drive usage across the platform and across industries and customers.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and BD teams for optimizing the performance of Magic Leap platform and content running on the platform.
- Communicate with customer for technical support at various phases of adoption.
- Travel to customer or different ML offices, up to 40% working time
- Technical astute, yet great at communicating and presenting.
- Experience in a customer facing, pre-sales, solutions engineering or architecting, or field engineering role
- Demonstrated track record of customer centric service, consistent on time delivery of custom customer solutions, and team first approach
- Experience in real-time 3D programming, simulation programming or games middleware with knowledge of real-time rendering and app development process and platforms. Strongly prefer extensive experience in Unity.
- Experience selling or developing solutions along the XR spectrum, from VR to AR.
- Able to present complicated technical concepts in layman’s terms; make the complex simple.
- Project manage experience in either development environment or sales enablement.
- Experience in “rapid prototyping” of scenarios – show what can be done with simple programming that can later turn into more complicated, enterprise-ready custom solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or a related field / equivalent applicable experience
- Strong real-time 2D and 3D graphics skills, including linear algebra and key optimization techniques
- Deep prototyping and/or enterprise deployment experience
- Experience in one or more targeted Enterprise industry or vertical
- Willingness to spend time directly with customers