Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Lead Software Development Test Engineer will be responsible for driving aspects of the verification and validation of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. We are seeking a candidate who is able to cover multiple disciplines across our software platform with a focus on computer vision and deep learning. Must be able to debug and drive issues to resolution from both software and system perspectives that emcompasses collaborating with our engineering and project management teams to implement solutions in a timely manner with quality.
Position includes managing a team of diverse engineers focused on these aspects to ensure the delivery of our commitments, as well as our contribution to the company’s milestones and objectives. Team will consist of members working locally and at remote sites.
- Lead assigned projects which include directing your team in accomplishing the associated tasks, as well as the ability to report status, obstacles, and risk mitigations to management.
- Versatile and able to participate in the development and execute of functional and nonfunctional test cases across our entire platform at different test levels with a focus on computer vision and deep learning
- Functional and nonfunctional verification of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up our computer vision and deep learning deliverables.
- Verification of processes used to calibrate our device; Vision Calibration, Online Calibration, and Ground Truth comparison for the stereo cameras
- Capable of performing subjective testing in different environments to verify computer vision improvements with jitter, judder, swim, mapping and tracking
- Assist in driving our continuous integration process by analyzing various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use of technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify software defects and other technical issues
- Analyze logs to help root cause and isolate defects or performance issues
- Review integrated code changes to isolate which one might be causing a failure
- As an integral part of the team, you will champion the culture of quality, recommend process improvements, and ensure our product releases meet our standards
- 8+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 5 of those years having an emphasis on test
- 2+ years leading or managing small projects or teams
- 2+ years experience working with computer vision and deep learning technologies
- Experience with mapping and tracking algorithms, camera optics, image sensor technology or IMUs is preferred
- Knowledge on jitter, judder, swim, and how to recognize them is desired
- Excellent understanding of test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Expertise with using Linux OS
- Knowledgeable in C#, C++, or Python
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Excellent problem-solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Excels in a fast-paced agile environment supporting multiple projects that incorporate wide variety of technologies
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude
- BS in Computer Science or similar field is required or equivalent working experience
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.